Monday, August 4, 2008

The Downward Spiral, Sort Of

This weekend begins the long downhill to the wedding. That’s right – it’s a wedding shower. We decided on a couple’s shower, because it didn’t seem fair to exclude the boys (though they may have preferred it). It’s going to be an afternoon affair, short and sweet, with tons of friends and family. Seriously – I think the majority of those invited to the wedding are also invited to the shower. I tried to keep it limited to just a few of the people – close family, good friends… Then came the comments, “Oh, I’d really like to invite…” and “Well, I was talking to so-and-so, and I asked if they were coming, and it turns out you forgot to send them an invitation!”

Whatever. I’m going to look like a greedy bride, but I guess this is yet another party that is less about us, and more about the parents. And we get presents out of the deal, so I guess I can’t complain.

In the coming weekends, I am going to be downright busy. There are only (eek!) 8 weekends until the wedding. And somehow, in those 8 weekends, I have to cram all the last-minute drudgery involved with weddings: finalizing music lists, mapping out the layout, verifying rentals, deciding if I really want to “dress-a-chair” instead of having plain chairs, figure out the who-does-what-when sorts of things, and basically build the wedding with all the random services I’ve put together. Fun.

Is it bad that eloping is starting to sound pretty tasty?

No comments: