Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Give in to the Addiction

Since I began reading a collection of some of the most wonderful blogs I've ever seen, I've noticed a trend. Etsy. At first I thought it was some sort of slang I wasn't hip to. Like "buggin" or "Fo' shizzle." Once I realized it was an online store, I kind of shrugged it off. I've got eBay, I've got Craigslist. What could Etsy have that I couldn't already find?

But curiosity got the better of me. And one day, in a fit of frustration that I couldn't find the pashminas I wanted for my bridesmaids, I typed the address into my browser. The rest, as so many have said, was history. Three hours later, I had finally found jewelry for my bridesmaids. I hadn't even realized I was looking. Now they'll each have pieces which I think really speak to their styles. Or - they'll have jewelry I really wanted to buy for myself.


So the Etsy addiction has begun. It is full force. It is ugly. And I suddenly feel very sad that I didn't succumb to the curiosity sooner. I've missed a whole season of possible goodies. Luckily, I'm just in time for fall, and I'll be looking for adorable scarves to add to my ever-growing collection. Wish me luck. And send money.




Beautiful jewelry found at handmaidens, ohhellofriend, birdzNbeez, and wicopy.

1 comment:

Moon Rocket said...

Are those our pieces? Which one's mine??? They're all pretty. :D