Sunday, October 12, 2008

Today

Today I am trying not to hold my breath.

Today I am trying to take a moment to bring myself back out of the clouds.

Today, I get married.

I woke up this morning at 6:30, despite a bedtime at almost 1:00 last night. I'm going to feel that later, I know. The coffee is brewing in the kitchen, making that lovely gurgling sound that lets you know soon you will be infused with caffeine and feel less like a lump and more like a superhero.

The wedding is at 3:00. My hair dresser arrives in half an hour. Am I nervous? Yes. Am I excited? Yes, but my nerves win out. I woke up with my stomach already in knots. Not because of what I'm about to do, but because of everything that could go wrong or I could forget.

So, today I just wanted to make a little post in my quiet time, to look back and understand how I felt the morning of my wedding. I feel ready, but my stomach is turning backflips like they're going out of style. My heart is filled up with the lovely toast that my non-mushy father gave last night, which made everyone with any heart at all cry like a baby. He asked me for just one more tea party, and suddenly I realize how much I will miss him, even if I'm not really going anywhere.

2 comments:

Joslyn said...

what a lovely, lovely post. congrats on your wedding!

p.s. when you're back from your honeymoon send me your address as you won the ilse crawford books...
xo
joslyn

amy turn sharp of doobleh-vay said...

just found yr blog - right at the verge of a lovely day for you- congrats...