Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Oh Happy

So, a new year is upon us. Oh happy day. We’re nearing a decade in this new millennium, and it’s about time that I get into some serious goal-making. I don’t do resolutions anymore because it’s like a promise – you can break it, and it’s over. But a goal? A goal can be worked toward and achieved. There’s no way to “achieve” a resolution. Either you break it or you keep it, and I tend toward the former.

So, with that, I give you my goals for 2009:

1. Paint our bedroom. Make it soothing and pretty and a place that I love to be.
2. Buy (or borrow) a Cook’s Illustrated cookbook and work through it, recipe by recipe. Make notes in the margins (but only if I didn't borrow it) about when I cooked it, who I made it for and what the result was.
3. Work on that whole “not sweating the small stuff” thing.
4. Continue to make our home a place that fills me with comfort and love, so that when Greg and I spend time there together, we can’t help but to be happy.
5. Love my husband like he’s never been loved before. (I know it sounds dirty, but it’s not supposed to be, so stop.)
6. Find a workout pattern that suits me, whether it’s mornings, evenings or lunch hours. Find one I’m happy with and do my best to stick to it.

That’s it. Happy New Year, if I don’t see you before then!

1 comment:

Moon Rocket said...

Those sound like some great goals. I still need work on not sweating the small stuff, too. :P