Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Serious Slackage

My brain is on vacation today. I finagled my way into getting out of work early, since I will be the only one of the assistants to be here both Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas. Because of that, when I got here at 8:00 a.m., my brain had already retreated to 2:30 today, when I will jet and get some last-minute things done.

On the list for today:

- Get Cheese, bread and veggies for a fondue night with Greg.
We decided that since we’ll be with family from Wednesday evening on, we’d have a night for ourselves, complete with fondue, a little gift exchange and a movie while comfy-ing it up on the couch together. Someone may even get lucky if he plays his cards right.

- Pay my car tags
That my car tags expire in December must be the world reminding me I still have bad karma from killing that deer with my car when I was 17. Who has time to go to a tag agency in December?!

- Begin cooking for Christmas Day.
I’m hoping to have dessert made, a lot of chopping and dicing done, and things portioned out and ready for final preparation, which will make life a heck of a lot easier on Christmas Day. That way I can start hitting the egg nog as soon as I wake up, and have less of a chance to screw up the meal.
And, if I have enough time, I’m going to splurge and go buy a sweater for Christmas Day. Everyone will be at our house, so I want to look a little bit fabulous. Like I’ve got it all together, and I didn’t just burn the ham, scorch the potatoes, and hide my mess under the bed in a last-minute cleaning frenzy. Sweaters can do that, right?

No comments: