Monday, December 1, 2008

Sinking




Today I have a sinking feeling.

Maybe it’s the dream I had last night; I spent most of it trying to help build a door with my coworker’s adult daughter. Monica Gellar was complaining that no one gave her any advance notice that she would be building a door, and I snapped at her that none of us got advanced notice, and she needs to just needed to chill out and roll with the punches.

Or maybe it’s the weather. It’s rainy and wet, with a few flurries fighting their way to the earth. It’s overcast and dreary outside, and there’s not even the sparkling snow that makes an overcast, dreary day kind of special. It’s just… blah.

Or maybe it’s the fact that it’s (men cover your ears) that time of the month. When it feels like someone is stabbing me repeatedly in the abdomen all day long, and everything makes me angry, upset and nervous. To top it off, I’m bloated and my pants seem to be sucking the life out of me. Usually this falls on a Sunday, but it bled over into today (no pun intended), and I realized just how hard it makes it to have a good day at work.

Or maybe it’s the realization that I officially did not win at NaNoWriMo. I am just over 30,000 words of the 50,000 I was supposed to write. Sadly, it’s not enough. So, this year I didn’t win. But, I am going to finish it anyway, and I’m going to finish it my way. Slowly. With feeling.

Whatever it is, it’s got me down.
via Flickr

No comments: