Monday, March 30, 2009

Playing House


There are days when I feel really grown up, and days when I still feel like a teenager playing house. I’ve been oscillating between the two for the last week or so, because I’ve been doing some very grown up things with Greg.

Oh, get your mind out of the gutter. Not those kinds of things.

Last week, we were pre-approved for a home loan. And over the weekend, we got a realtor, started looking at online tours of houses and set up a real-life tour of our favorites.

Part of me is so excited for this next step, and part of me is terribly worried. Right now we’re debt free. No loans, no cars to pay off, no credit cards to pay off… It’s a relatively easy life. And we’re about to put ourselves into the biggest debt we’ll have of our life.

But, to be able to say that we own our own house, that we’re not being supported by family in any way, that we’re 100% on our own…

It’ll be a really good feeling.

2 comments:

Arlynn said...

The Hubs & I are in similar positions. And we recently wer confronted with the big decision: to buy to continue to rent.

after much soul searching, taking to our "money guy," and reading up on the goods, the bad, and the ugly, we signed a lease on a new rental home. Yes, a lease : )

We're so not ready for all of the joys of homeownership - but I can't wait to hear about yours!

Have fun looking & good luck!

Sarah said...

I so wish I could own my own home right now but we aren't ready quite yet to be down that road. Looking forward to reading about your adventures!