Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another boring update.

I can't remember where I got this picture, but it makes me feel a teensie bit happier today.

It’s been light on the posting this week, and I apologize. Here is an update, in brief:

1. My hubby’s car was found at 3:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. The thieves took it joyriding and left it in the parking lot of a rundown apartment complex. With the windows down. In the rain. The car is a little banged up, someone got razor-blade happy on the upholstery, and they were kind enough to bash the radio, too. Still, the car is drivable, and we’re saved from having to scrounge enough money to buy Greg something that won’t last for more than a couple of years.

2. We close on the house on Friday. (Eek!) While the original plan had been to spend a week or so sprucing up the place, after the car-knapping and the chilling knowledge that these people know where we live and have been inside both of our cars, I’m anxious to get away from the house. As a result, we’re going to be doing a super-fast renovation of a few key areas. A repaint of the bedroom (which we discovered on Sunday is a room of wallpaper that’s been painted over – yuck), the addition of a doggie door, and a floor buffing session may be all we attempt before we begin the big move on Sunday. Every night this week is filled with packing, packing and more packing. I’m hoping to have everything just about ready to go by Thursday night.

3. This is one of those weeks that is crazy at work. A board meeting, executives flying in every other day, lots of kowtowing and “Of course, sir”-ing, and waiting every minute to be told you’re doing it all wrong.

4. I’m feeling pretty ill today. If it were not a board meeting day, I would have called in. But as it is, there’s no way I would call in on a day like this, unless I was vomiting blood. It takes three of us to keep the 20 board members and senior executives who need everything from a document faxed to a doctor’s appointment made to a latte breve, easy on the foam. So I’ve been alternating between trying to work and staring hopelessly at the clock, waiting for time to pass.



No comments: