Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Birthday Wishes

My birthday is in less than a month – June 22. So begins the season of birthday wishlists.


This year, my birthday will be a little less hooplah than in years past. Greg and I both agreed that we were spending a lot of money on a house right now, including all the little extras we’re having to purchase in order to get our house into good organizational order. With all that money being spent, putting a lot of funds into birthday gifts seems extravagant. My big gift this year is a beautiful home and garden, and the fact that we don’t have to buy a new car right this second.


That said, a girl can still dream about all those things she’d love to have if money were no object, and the residual costs didn’t add up to hundreds of dollars in unnecessary spending. So, over the next couple of weeks, I’m going to be posting the Fantasy Wish List. And, if you just can’t stand to see me go without, I’ll be happy to send you my home address, so you can buy me whatever your heart desires and ship it to me free of charge. I just know you guys are generous like that.


With that, I begin.


1. This state necklace.

Via Design Crush


I was born and raised in Oklahoma, and over the last two years, I’ve fallen in deep love with Tulsa in particular. Especially now that we have our little cottage in the older part of the city, surrounded by interesting little shops, mom & pop eateries and a REAL grocery store. This little gem would be the perfect way to profess my love for the state which has raised me.


2. The iPhone.


I’m coming to accept the fact that I will never own one. The $30 a month for the data plan suddenly seems too much to bear, considering all theother goodies I want. But this Samsung has similar functions, including internet, for only $15 extra a month!

That’s music to my eyes. I might be willing to compromise my wants for this one….


3. A buffet or sideboard.


Our kitchen is small and our dining room lacks any kind of storage whatsoever. My pretty china needs a place to live, and I think this beauty from Anthropologie would be the perfect home.

I also kind of love a few of the items from Ikea, like this crazy yellow mofo.

And this sideboard, where my pretty china could see and be seen.

There will be more to come, I'm sure. Stay tuned for continued wishes!

2 comments:

loritamic said...

I'll be celebrating your birthday by having a cavity filled at 8am. Yea. Good times...

I also meant to tell you thanks again for having me over last week. It was so much fun catching up with you and I loved seeing your little cottage. Too adorable. I'm so happy for you both!!

Jennifer said...

I left you a shoutout on my blog today!