Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A List (or The One in Which I am Random)

A list of things you ought to know:

1. It’s Tuesday.


2. The milk I poured on my cereal this morning was chunky. I didn’t notice. I proceeded to microwave it (shut it – that’s how I eat my Grape Nuts), and when I pulled it out, it was practically yogurt consistency. That is, until I stirred it and discovered the greenish liquid at the bottom. Ugh.

3. I have started school. This means that last night I was laying in the guest bedroom reading about Management (capital M), until I fell asleep with my eyes open. It only took 40 minutes.

4. This weekend I am driving to Dallas with my mother-in-law. A five-hour drive. This would be scary if not for a few things: a) I love my mother-in-law, and she will probably do most of the talking, so that I can sit and listen, II) we are taking her new car, which I haven’t gotten to drive or play around in yet, so I’ll be thoroughly entertained, and trois) the trip terminates in Dallas, where I will get to hang with her cousins and go to a sweet baby shower for twins. I’m slightly obsessed with one of her cousins, after starting to read her blog before I was married. She has become a mini-celebrity for me, and although I’ve met her twice, I’m excited to see her again. Maybe this time I’ll actually talk to her. Maybe.

5. I’ve run 7 miles in the last two days. My legs hurt.

6. The Young Gun approved a plan for moving some desks around in our office. On the day they came to move the desks, he claimed he didn’t approve the plan they brought (he did, but didn’t look at it closely enough when he approved it, I suppose), and asked for a new plan. He concluded with one of his famous phrases – “I really think it would be best this other way, but ultimately, you can do whatever you need to do.” Translation: If you do it the other way, I’m going to think you’re not doing the best you can do. Le sigh. Unfortunately, the plan he wanted? Impossible without ordering a whole new desk. We’re going with the old plans and hoping that he’ll get used to it. Cross your fingers.

7. Last night I made chicken-fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans for supper. It was great comfort food.

8. If I could eat 12 meals a day, I think I would.

9. See thing #8 to understand why I’m having a difficult time losing the 10 pounds I’ve gained since getting married.

That is all. Have a lovely day.

1 comment:

Robyn said...

#7 makes me wish I was eating dinner at your place!