Thursday, January 14, 2010

Randomosity: Or, The One in Which I Tell You Many Unrelated Things

1. The temperatures finally got above freezing overnight, meaning I woke up this morning to a yard nearly clear of snow, and a muddy puppy. Walking outside without wearing ski gloves makes me happy. I loved the snow, but I’m glad its gone.

2. School starts on Tuesday. I’m anxious, because I’ve really been enjoying my break. I’m not ready to go back. Only one more year, though. Four semesters, five tops. I think I can make it.

3. I want to go sit in a coffee shop with a story I’m working on and sit and write and drink coffee for hours. I really like doing that, and I haven’t in a very long time.

4. I’m attempting to find a way to work what I want to do into the place that I already work. There’s no job there for me yet, but I can’t justify leaving such a wonderful place for the unknown. I’ve never been treated so well at a job.

5. I want to run outside again.


6. This morning I weighed myself, and – if my scale isn’t lying – I’ve lost 2 pounds. I’m shooting for 10 pounds total, but 2 was my first mini-goal. I’d like to not look like a cow in my clothes anymore.

7. The Mister has been up way past his bedtime the last two nights working on a project for a local artists’ club. He’s been stressed out by it, and last night didn’t go to bed until 3:00 in the morning because he was working on it. Poor guy.

8. I forgot to wear earrings today, and their absence is driving me mad. Also, my hair is doing that annoying cowlick-y thing in the back, which makes me look like I don’t comb my hair. Ever. Which I kind of don’t.

9. The chef at work convinced me to get a pasta alfredo with pecans and grapes yesterday. It was good, but it could be my downfall on the weight thing. Cream, cheese, butter and pasta. Damn that evil chef.

10. I’m making dinner tonight for a bunch of my friends and I forgot to bring a key ingredient. Oops.

11. I need to mail off my passport application. Like, now. Because we’re going to France in 7 weeks. SEVEN. Apropos, I need to practice my French.


Fin.

No comments: